SPJIMR runs some its innovative initiatives and programmes through centres of excellence. These centres are mandated to grow the existing initiatives, explore newer opportunities in their respective areas, drive innovation in teaching and learning and to reach out to various sections of society, notably sections that are usually not served by modern day B-Schools. Over the years, the centres have been able to expand the reach of SPJIMR and help drive the SPJIMR mission of influencing practice and promoting value-based growth. The centres typically are lean teams noted for their superior execution skills and advanced knowledge of current practice in their respective areas. It is because of the efforts of these centres that the SPJIMR campus plays host to a wide and diverse range of participants - from entrepreneurs to NGOs to family businesses of varying scales and size.
The following are some of the centres of excellence at SPJIMR:
1. Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED)
2. Centre for Project Management
3. Centre for Development of Corporate Citizenship (CDOCC)
4. Centre for Education in Social Sector (CEdSS)
5. Centre for Family Managed Businesses (CFMB)
6. Centre for Financial Studies(CFS)